ESA's annual meeting has been known for literally decades as a source of great entomological training. There are dozens of symposia (almost 100 this year) and many of these focus on structural pest management. The Medical Urban and Veterinary Entomology Section (MUVE) has these Symposia planned:
• A Celebration of the Life and Scientific Contributions of Carl Jones
• Advances in Spatial Analysis of Global Disease Vectoring Arthropods
• Bed Bug Research: Catching Up With The Global Bed Bug Resurgence
• Highlights of Medical, Urban, and Veterinary Entomology
• If the Epi Triad is Host, Pathogen and Environment, Where Are the Vectors?
• Military Entomology: A Partner in Global Public Health
• The Return of Insurmountable Opportunities: More Novel Statistics for Entomologists
But even beyond the ESA meeting itself, the new educational program, Under the Lens, is a day of great information for anyone in the structural pest management industry. This is a new program offered by ESA. Attendees who add this meeting on to their ESA meeting experience get a tremendous discount.
The following day is the ACE Prep Course. A person does not need to be an ACE applicant to take this class, though most are. ACE certification is rapidly becoming the certification standard for the pest management professional.
Registration can be completed online if you have an ESA username and password. Or click here for the PDF form and fax it in to 410-741-3784. But hurry ... earlybird registration pricing ends today, October 15th. After that you can still register, but the rates go up.